Prior to this time, the job of rendering crime scene cleaning services was one that was left to the family of the victim and their close friends. This was the norm because many people were not aware of the sort of dangers they expose themselves to when they engage in such cleaning activities. However, this isn’t the case anymore.
In recent times, there are hundreds of companies that are available to render crime scene cleaning services even at the shortest notice. As usual, however, with an emerging industry such as this, there are always just as many mediocre companies as there are excellent ones.
Knowing fully well the dangers that their jobs present them with, crime scene companies train their workers in 2 major areas.
- On How to Eliminate Hazards: a crime scene cleaner should expect to come in contact with blood and bodily tissues that isn’t his on a fairly regular basis depending on how often he works. He is thus required to get the best training on how to get rid of these hazards both efficiently and completely.
- On Personal Safety: in the crime scene cleaning industry, the term is referred to as bloodborne pathogen training. This is usually the first training that all top notch cleaning companies put their new recruits through. It is so important that it even comes before any training on how to rid a home of the hazards that was aforementioned.
If you think about it, then you will see the point as well, i.e., how can protect others if you can’t protect yourself?
When Is This Expertise Required?
The need for excellent crime scene cleaning services can present itself on various occasions. This can be better explained by considering the sort of scenes that these cleaners work on.
- Unattended Death: this is a case where a crime that involved at least the death of one person went unnoticed for at least 24 hours. In some cases, it is more than one day and the dead body is well along in decomposition before it is discovered.
- Suicide Cleanup: when a beloved family member takes his own life either by means of a gunshot to the head or chest or through some other means that warrants a cleanup, then it is best you steer clear of doing the cleaning yourself fothe preservation of your physical, emotional and psychological well-being.
- Hoarding Cleanup: for these cleaning experts, it is not always about cleaning a crime scene. Sometimes it is about helping a mentally unbalanced person live in a clean surrounding. They are best suited for cleaning up after any hoarder that is in the levels 2-5 of hoarding.
- Meth Labs Cleanup: crime scene cleaning services also in handy if you are trying to rid a place of a methamphetamine lab setup. These labs are considered a danger to human health on so many levels. Apart from the danger that just breathing in such labs can pose to a person’s health, they could also contain very volatile chemicals that could cause a fire if tampered with wrongly.